Yext AI Search for Acquia
Enhance your Drupal-powered employee experience with Yext AI SearchWebsites
Acquia is an open digital experience platform that enables organizations to build, host, analyze and communicate with their customers at scale through websites and digital applications using Drupal. As a trusted open source leader, they use adaptive intelligence to produce better business outcomes for CX leaders. Acquia CEO Dries Buytaert created Drupal in 2001, and while Drupal is free and open source, Buytaert still heads the Drupal project, and Acquia developers are its biggest contributors.
The Acquia app layers Yext search technology on top of your Acquia intranet to unlock your content, and makes finding necessary information as simple as asking a question. Rather than digging long documents and countless links to find what you’re looking for, Yext’s search technology presents the exact answer to your employees’ questions. It makes searching faster and more intuitive, and uses Yext’s multi-algorithm approach to surface FAQs, snippets and even direct answers to your employees’ questions.
1. To get started, navigate to the App Directory in your Yext account, find the Acquia Frontend app, and click “Install”. This will redirect you to the Yext module on Drupal.
2. Download the module and install it into your Drupal Account as you would any other module. Note: if you are already logged in, you can click “Extend” in your Acquia Sites view and click “Install new Module” to install the Yext module.
3. Once the module is installed, they will have access to 2 new blocks: Yext Search Bar and Yext Search Results.
4. Click on the Structure tab and then click on Block Layout.
5. On one page click on Place Block in the section on the page that you would like the search bar to be in and choose the Yext Search Bar from the list of Blocks. When you place the Block you will be prompted to fill out the following fields, which you can grab from your Yext account:
- API Key - Found in the Yext platform, under Answers > Experiences tab.
- Experience key - Found in the Yext platform, under Answers > Experiences tab.
- Experience Version - This will be the version of your Answers Experience.
- Account ID - Found in the Yext platform, under Account Settings > Account ID (to find Account Settings, hover over your username in the top right section the Yext platform)
- Locale - This is the locale of your Answers Experience.
- Redirect URL - This is the URL of the page where the search results will redirect to.
- Search Placeholder - Add what text you want to appear in the search bar before someone searches
- Choose Visibility - This is where you can set which pages you want the search bar to be visible on
6. Click Save Block.
7. Navigate back to your page. In the content section, add the Search Results block. This time you will be prompted to add in:
- Production URL - Found in the Yext platform, under Pages > Sites tab. You will see all of the Sites in your account. Your Production URL will be in the “Domain” column of the Site you want to use.
- Choose which page you want this to appear on
8. Click Save Block.
9. You’re done!